|Image from : freedigitalphotos.net|
- Fruit and vegetable juices are recommended at the inception of treatment. Lemon juice is particularly helpful.
- A daily warm water enema can help cleanse the bowels.
- With improvements in health, the diet can be switched to all fruits for another 2 to 3 days.
- Within this time the patient should begin to show improvement, and may begin to gradually resume a normal and well balanced diet. The emphasis should however remain on fresh fruits and raw veggies.
- One food that is particularly beneficial is a ‘carrot and coriander’ soup. After boiling the tow ingredients in water, discard the residue and consume the soup at least once daily.
- Herbal teas that have mild sedative properties can also help with the treatment. Basil, lemon balm, and marigold are just a few examples.