Power Yoga Poses and Postures
Power yoga is essentially a variation of Ashtanga yoga. The yogic techniques have been modified so as to make them more lively, energetic, and appealing to the modern generation, with an emphasis on fitness. Power yoga techniques readily lend themselves to gyms and are ideal for those looking for a vigorous, fitness based approach to yoga. However, power yoga poses are not as easy as other yoga styles and require a higher level of fitness and flexibility. Despite your level of fitness is important to learn the complete power yoga series from the beginning. The first step of this series is considered to be the most important one. It oscillates around the synchronization of your body and mind and the flushing of toxins from the body. The next step of the power yoga sequence concentrates on increasing the stamina and flexibility of the muscles as well as cleansing the nervous channels.
Power Yoga BenefitsNeedless to say, the health benefits of power yoga are many. In fact, completing a series of power yoga postures will help in stretching and strengthening your body and relaxing and calming the mind. Some of its benefits have been listed below:
- Improved joint flexibility and movement
- Increased muscle tone and strength
- Enhanced stamina and physical endurance
- Correction and improvement of posture
- Flushing out of toxins from the body
- Improved mental awareness
- Increased ability to concentrate and focus
- Easing of stress and tension
- Alleviation of aches and pains caused by tension and stress.
- Relaxation of the body and mind.