Some Cool Tips to Avoid Sweating
- Apart from taking a shower, wash your feet at least twice a day and use a good antibacterial soap. After being washed, the feet should be dried thoroughly, especially the area between the toes. This will prevent microorganisms from growing in places between the toes.
- Use an antiperspirant foot spray, followed by a foot powder at least once a day, after drying your feet. In place of commercial foot powders, you could use baking soda too. Underarm antiperspirant sprays are usually not as strong as foot sprays and therefore are not that effective.
- Avoid wearing closed shoes for an extended period of time, to stop smelly feet. Allow your feet to breathe by choosing shoes made of canvas, leather or wool, as these are natural materials and will allow the heat to leave your feet. This is an excellent way to stop sweaty feet.
- Opt of moisture wicking socks, instead of cotton or nylon ones. Socks that are made of around 60% or 70% wool, combined with man made fiber are best. Make sure that you change your socks at least once during the day.
- Hard skin and dead skin on the feet provide an ideal environment for the growth of bacteria. Get rid of the dead skin with the help of a pumice stone on a regular basis.
- Soak your feet in a tub of warm black tea, to stop sweaty feet. Alternately, you could also soak your feet in basin of warm water to which a few drops of tea tree oil have been added.